- An attractive four bedroomed detached farmhouse with a substantial range of former farm buildings.
- Attractive 4 bedroom detached farmhouse
- Substantial range of former farm buildings
- Development potential subject to consents
- Set in almost 5 acres with views
- Between Wakefield and Huddersfield
BEST OFFERS BY 12 NOON MONDAY 30TH OCTOBER 2023. An attractive four bedroomed detached farmhouse with a substantial range of former farm buildings. Set in 5 acres together with far reaching views to the rear in the heart of West Yorkshire between Wakefield and Huddersfield.
Stocksmoor Farm is offered for sale on the open market for the first time in over 100 years. It enjoys a convenient yet rural setting close to the popular village of Netherton between Wakefield and Huddersfield in the heart of West Yorkshire. Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield are all within commuting distance with good accessibility further afield with access to the M1 motorway at junctions 38 and 39 (Bretton and Durkar) both within 5/6 minutes drive. There is a wide range of amenities in the area, schooling options, highly regarded pubs and restaurants and in the immediate vicinity walking and riding opportunities in and around the Stoneycliffe Wood and Stocksmoor Common Nature Reserves. The elevated setting of the farm offers extensive views to the rear over open countryside towards Wakefield and beyond, with a pleasant wooded aspect to the front over established lawn gardens.
The farmhouse is predominantly stone built with a distinctive brick elevation to the front, giving an individual style and presence. The property now requires comprehensive modernisation and improvement to satisfy the requirements of the modern day. That said there is already a strong open plan feel with two large through reception rooms on the ground floor plus a kitchen and pantry. There are four double bedrooms and two bath/shower rooms (one ensuite). Overall, the house as existing extends to around 2018 sq ft (187 m2) and offers potential for extension with the possibility of permitted development rights.
The former farm buildings represent a superb opportunity for a variety of uses, subject to appropriate consents. The traditional element is a mix of stone and brick, only part roofed, and with an overall footprint of some 3000 sq ft (278.7 m2). There are double highway access points (in addition to dwelling driveway) with the potential for use independent of the farmhouse, be this for residential, commercial or other uses, subject to appropriate consents. There is also an off lying steel framed dutch barn of some 1350 sq ft (125.4 m2) on the western side, having significant views and potential for other uses. The property is offered in grounds extending overall to some 4.77 acres (1.93 ha) with additional grassland to the north available by separate negotiation.
Freehold with vacant possession on completion
Mains water, electricity and gas are installed. Private drainage.
Easements and Rights of Way
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements and rights of way, public and private, whether specifically mentioned or not. The buyer will be responsible for fencing the northern boundary of the property being sold.
Method of sale
Offers are invited for the whole as one lot, on an outright purchase basis as existing, not subject to planning. The sellers do not propose to include any clawback provision.
By prior appointment through the selling agents GSC Grays 01423 590500 email:firstname.lastname@example.org . A series of open views will be taking place.
Local Authority and Tax Band
Wakefield Metropolitan District Council. Band C.
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.