- A stunning four bedroom stone built Grade II Listed barn conversion with small paddock situated on the outskirts of the highly sought after village.
- Grade II Listed
- Stunningly Presented
- Four Bedrooms
- Two Reception Rooms
- 0.41 Acre Paddock
- Garage and Gardens
A stunning four bedroom stone built Grade II Listed barn conversion with small paddock situated on the outskirts of the highly sought after village of Mickleton. Available with no onward chain.
Situation and Amenities
Middleton in Teesdale 2 miles, Barnard Castle 8 miles, Bishop Auckland 19 miles, Darlington 24 miles. The thriving village of Mickleton is situated in Upper Teesdale in the North Pennines, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village benefits from two public houses and a village hall. Nearby Middleton in Teesdale, which is the main centre for Upper Teesdale, provides an excellent range of independent shops and services, cafes, hotels, public houses, GP surgery and a supermarket. There is also a primary school, with state secondary school with sixth form, public school and prep school at Barnard Castle. The Pennine Way and Coast to Coast Cycle path are close by and footpaths link Mickleton to the Teesdale Way, making the most of the stunning local scenery.
The main entrance hall provides access with personal door to the garage, utility room and door to cloakroom/wc as well as a door to a beautiful breakfast/kitchen. The breakfast/kitchen comprises a matching range of wall and base units with stainless steel sink unit, space for range style cooker, integrated dishwasher, tiled splashbacks and flagstone floor with underfloor heating. The living room boasts wooden flooring with underfloor heating, cast iron log burning stove, understairs storage cupboard, staircase to first floor and glazed doors to front elevation. The dining room has two windows to the front elevation and a door to exterior as well as a staircase to the master bedroom suite.
With access from the dining room, the master bedroom has exposed beams and trusses as well as an en-suite shower room. The second staircase from the living room provides access to the remaining three bedrooms and a four piece house bathroom suite comprising panelled bath, step-in shower cubicle, vanity wash hand basin and low level wc.
To the exterior of the property there is a gravelled parking area accessed via a shared gate leading to the garage. The garage comprises timber double doors with power and light.
The property benefits from a small paddock measuring approximately 0.41 acres (0.165 hectares) to the rear of the property, which is also the location of the property's the oil tank.
The property was historically run as a successful holiday rental, further information upon request.
Areas, Measurements and Other Information
All areas, measurements and other information have been taken from various records and are believed to be correct but any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements of fact and should satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
The property is believed to be offered freehold with vacant possession on completion.
Local Authority and Council Tax
Durham County Council Tel: 03000 26 00 00.
For Council Tax purposes the property is banded E.
Mains electricity, drainage, and water are connected. Oil fired central heating (Part underfloor).
Particulars written in August 2023.
Photographs taken in August 2023.
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.