- Two residential opportunities in an idyllic village on the edge of the North York Moors with outstanding views towards the Hambleton Hills.
- Extremely rare development opportunity in Idyllic village
- Recently refurbished exsiting residence with potential to extend
- Beautifully presented with three bedrooms
- Planning permission for Grand Designs Home on site of existing barn
- Plot extending to 1.4 acres
- Far reaching views and amazing village for children
- Sought after village of Nether Silton
- Perfect for Multigenerational living
An amazing opportunity to purchase two residential opportunities in an idyllic village on the edge of the North York Moors with outstanding views towards the Hambleton Hills.
Situation and Amenities
Nether Silton is an unspoilt, picture postcard village positioned on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. The village is conveniently located with easy access to the A19 and motorway network beyond. Railway stations at Thirsk and Northallerton give direct access to London Kings Cross, Manchester and Edinburgh.
The rural setting is a rarity with the accessibility that the village affords. Situated near the market towns of Thirsk and Northallerton that offer a wide variety of amenities from independent eateries and boutiques, recreational, medical and sports facilities, primary and secondary schools. The village itself has a pub, church, cricket pitch and playground. Local school buses pass through the village and independent school bus routes run locally. Silton Forest offers endless opportunities for picturesque walking, mountain biking, and horse riding. The hacking is superb and there are many miles of beautiful, off-road routes to enjoy up into the North York Moors and along the nearby Cleveland Way.
Plot 1 - School Farm
School Farm is a fabulous, Yorkshire sandstone home that has recently been lovingly modernised throughout. Grade II listed the house has planning permission in place offering further potential to extend into the adjacent buildings. Ideal for families, the home offers well proportioned accommodation that has been sympathetically updated taking on board the original fabric of the home. Modern additions such as the smart boiler and refitted kitchen and bathrooms blend seamlessly with the exposed stonework, and historic features of the original house.
Currently offering three bedrooms, the house briefly comprises an entrance door leading to the main sitting room with exposed wall and log burning stove, there is a further reception room currently used as a playroom, an open plan dining kitchen room, refitted shower room and a cloakroom. To the first floor is the principal bedroom suite with bedroom leading to the under eaves storage/office area and separate wash room with w/c. There are two further double bedrooms and the delightful refitted house bathroom. All bedrooms boast beautiful views over open countryside.
The vendors have combined low carbon heating solutions with upgraded insulation throughout the home meaning the house, although listed, is energy efficient.
To the outside the property is a pretty, well planted gated garden to the front, a large, delightful lawn garden and terrace to the rear, gravelled off street parking for a number of vehicles, EV Charging point, two stone storage sheds, and two large barns (with planning permission to convert into living accommodation). Beyond the parking are grazing paddocks and amazing views to the Hambleton Hills beyond.
Plot 2 - Development Opportunity
School Farm presents an extremely rare opportunity to build on the plot of an existing barn that sits next to an idyllic conservation area location and adjacent to the North York Moors National Park. The permission granted will enable a buyer to be involved in a stunning ‘Grand Designs’ project and build a substantial, detached dream home that is sympathetic to the beautiful environment it sits within.
This property will offer four/five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large home office/gym incredible lateral space, traditional and contemporary features. Echoing the look of a barn conversion, the property has been carefully designed in accordance with the local vernacular and the far-reaching views to the rear of the property. Designed with privacy in mind, the property will boast breath-taking rear elevation glazings and a substantial garden / paddock land.
Full details can be found on North Yorkshire Council's website, ref 22/02147/FUL
Local Authority and Council Tax Band
North Yorkshire Council. Band E.
Services and other information
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Electric central heating system.
Particulars and Photographs
The particulars were prepared and photographs taken in April 2023.
By appointment only with GSC Grays - 01423 590500
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.