- This impeccable residence is presented to the highest standard with opulent finishes and first-class equestrian facilities.
- Impressive detached three bedroom residence with opulent finishes
- Seven reception rooms
- Panoramic views across Lower Teesdale
- Landscaped gardens
- First class equestrian facilities
- Six LED heated stables and six large sheds
- Approximately 1.689 acres of grass paddocks
- Equine solarium
- Floodlit arena
This impeccable residence is presented to the highest standard with opulent finishes and first-class equestrian facilities situated in rolling fields with panoramic views across lower Teesdale.Hill House Farm offers luxurious living set around a stone-flagged courtyard with all the requirements of an equestrian enthusiast and presents multiple opportunities for use. Available With No Onward Chain.
Situated in an enviable position in open countryside, Hill House Farm is approximately 2.7 miles from the historic town of Barnard Castle and it is also conveniently placed to access the amenities within the surrounding area, including Darlington and Bishop Auckland which are both within close proximity, whilst the cities of Newcastle, Durham, York and Leeds are also accessible. Teesdale provides stunning scenery for the equestrian enthusiasts, with a number of bridal ways crossing the area. Both County Durham and North Yorkshire play host to a wide selection of equestrian events such as eventing, cross country, point to point, hunting, dressage and show jumping.
For the commuter the A66, A67 and A68 provide links with major commercial centres of the North East. Darlington main line railway station and Durham Tees Valley International Airport offers further communications with the rest of the country.
Theatres at Darlington and Richmond. Racecourses at York, Sedgefield, Catterick and Ripon. Motorsport at Croft, Golf at Barnard Castle, Darlington and Headlam.
Hill House Farm has been meticulously refurbished with no expense spared to create a luxurious home with spectacular panoramic views. The home provides flexible accommodation over two floors comprising six reception rooms, large conservatory, three bedrooms and a bespoke kitchen with Lacanche induction stove, solid granite benchtops and 16 bottle wine fridge nestled around an inner courtyard. An additional living area provides opportunity for a multigeneration living annex leading to a large conservatory with spectacular views over lower Teesdale. Luxury features include oak hardwood herringbone flooring, copper leaf finished bath tub, tumbled limestone flooring, integrated televisions at the foot of each bath, custom made drapes, reclaimed boatwood panelling, biometric gunsafe and quality bespoke cabinetry throughout.
To the rear of the property there are landscaped gardens with patio area, abundant fruit trees, automatic stream, vegetable plot and panoramic views across rolling countryside.
1. Situated to the North of the property comprising four loose boxes, tack room, equine solarium, general store and shed/further store.
2. A recently constructed Hodgson built timber framed building providing further stabling and garaging/storage.
3. Six LED heated loose boxes with rubber matting.
4. One XL loose box with rubber matting.
20m x 36m. All weather fenced sports fibre arena with flood lighting.
Approximately 1.689 Acres (0.68 hectares) of land divided into three grass paddocks and a starvation paddock.
Hill House Farm has two large garages. The first is an integral space currently used as a multipurpose mud room with equine washing machine and dryer, large pantry and commercial boiler. The second is detached with a garden store to the rear.
Mains electricity and water, drainage to bio digester, oil fired central heating.
Tenure, Local Authority & Council Tax
The property is offered freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
Durham County Council Tel: 03000 26 00 00.
For Council Tax purposes the property is banded D.
Wayleaves, Easements & Rights of Way
Hill House Farm is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights including rights of way whether public or private, light, drainage, water and electricity supplies and all other rights, obligations, easements, quasi easements and all wayleaves or covenants whether disclosed or not.
The property enjoys a vehicle right of way over a lane leading from the A67 to the property which is where the boundary of Hill House Farm begins.
Areas, Measurements & Other Information
All areas, measurements and other information have been taken from various records and are believed to be correct but any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements of fact and should satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
Strictly by appointment via GSC Grays.
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.