- A superb, detached village property immaculately presented and extended with a range of outbuildings.
- Detached, family home
- Office space with annexe potential
- Central village location
- Commercial buildings 2900 sqft with B8 approval
- Plot extending to 3 acres
- Ideal for a home-business
- Large garden and paddocks
- Scope for equestrian use
A superb, detached village property immaculately presented and extended with a range of outbuildings, large commercial units, idyllic grounds with gardens, natural pond and grazing paddocks extending to 3 acres. Suitable for a wide range of purchasers due to the variety of accommodation on offer.
Nevillle House presents a rare opportunity for a variety of prospective purchasers due to the flexibility of the accommodation it has to offer. The family home is presented to an extremely high standard and has been cleverly extended and enhanced during the vendors’ tenure.
The outbuildings, originally built as office space, could easily be converted to additional accommodation such as an annexe making it perfect for multi-generational buyers. The commercial units offer the opportunity for those wishing to operate a business from home. Currently offering B8 commercial usage, the large sheds could also be converted subject to planning.
The gardens are a delight and there is a meandering track around a spring-fed pond and summer house. This mature area is a haven for wildlife and the summer house veranda, overlooking the water, is an ideal spot to sit and relax.
For the equestrian or animal lover there are several grazing paddocks. The land is currently used by the owner for personal use but could equally be let on a grazing licence to local farmers.
Situation and amenities
Raskelf is a pretty village to the north of the market town of Easingwold. There is a range of amenities in the village which include a public house, restaurant, and a village hall with sporting facilities including active tennis and cricket clubs. There is a real community feel in the village and numerous activities take place throughout the year for all ages.
The village is extremely accessible and is a short drive to both Easingwold and Boroughbridge. Primary and secondary schooling is available in Easingwold linked via a school bus service. Extensive shopping facilities and a weekly market are available in Easingwold and it has recently been announced that a large supermarket will soon be constructed. Raskelf is also within a short distance of the motorway networks making it perfect for distribution if the owners choose to operate a business from Neville House.
The accommodation, which is positioned over two floors and has been tastefully modernised throughout, includes the following:
Ground Floor – Entrance porch, inner hall, snug with feature fireplace, large sitting room opening to the delightful sunroom extension to the rear, hallway leading to utility room and cloakroom/w.c. Modern breakfast-kitchen with extensive range of wall and floor mounted units and integrated appliances.
First Floor – Principal bedroom suite with en suite shower room and built-in wardrobes, two further double bedrooms with built in wardrobes and delightful house bathroom.
Accessed through timber gates is a private driveway which leads down the side of the house to the hard standing/parking and to the double garage beyond. Terraced and to the side of the house is an enclosed courtyard which leads to a further gravelled area at the side. To the front of this is a pedestrian access gate leading to the pretty walled front garden.
Adjacent to the hardstanding area is a two-storey suite of offices. This has the benefit of its own private access, w.c. and kitchen facilities, thus making it ideal for conversion to an annexe or income creating accommodation (subject to the necessary planning requirements).
There is a range of stores and outbuildings. The large GP building extends to around 2,400sqft and is suitable for a variety of uses. There is also an adjoining store.
Land and gardens
Beyond the hardstanding to the rear of the commercial buildings is a large, lawned garden area. This leads down to the large, natural pond. This area is a haven for wildlife that can be enjoyed from the veranda of the summer house. A further grazing field can be found to the far end of the plot. This is currently divided into smaller paddocks.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected to the property. The property has oil-fired central heating.
Rights of way, wayleaves and easements
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements and rights of way, public and private, whether specifically mentioned or not.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band
North Yorkshire Council, Band E
Particulars and photography
The particulars were written in July 2023 and the photographs were taken in August 2023.
Strictly by appointment with GSC Grays 01423 590500
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.