- A fine village residence positioned centrally in the highly sought after village of Bishop Monkton, with extensive gardens, grounds and woodland.
- Fine Village residence
- Grounds of 1.33 acres
- Accommodation exceeding 4,000sqft
- Extremely sought-after village
- Perfect for families
- Ripon Grammar catchment area
- Five Bedrooms
- Four Reception Rooms
A fine village residence positioned centrally in the highly sought after village of Bishop Monkton, with extensive gardens, grounds and woodland of around 1.33 acres.
Situation and Amenities
Crown Lodge is situated in the sought after village of Bishop Monkton. A picture-perfect North Yorkshire village with a stream meandering through the centre. The village has an amazing community spirit and a range of amenities including large village hall and sports field, public house, primary school and church. The property sits within the catchment for Ripon Grammar School, the top performing state school in the north of England.
A wide variety of amenities can be found a short drive away in Ripon. These include further primary and secondary schools, an excellent sports centre and swimming pool, a wide variety of local independent shops and eateries along with the usual nationwide outlets.
Harrogate is approximately 8 miles away where there are numerous independent schools and a wider array of amenities.
For those that need to commute, stations are in Thirsk and Harrogate giving easy access to the East Coast mainline and London Kings Cross within 2.5hours.
Crown Lodge is a superb village residence which was originally the Crown Hotel. Positioned centrally in the stunning village of Bishop Monkton the property has been a much-loved home and is being marketed for the first time in over 25 years.
The property dates to the 18th century and retains many of the original period features. These are complimented by more recent additions including the huge orangery to the rear. The property has been sympathetically decorated throughout; however the home would benefit from some updating works to realise its full potential.
Set within gardens and grounds of about 1.33 acres, there are various outbuildings and a large double garage with the potential to convert to additional living accommodation/annexe (subject to necessary planning permissions). The property is delightful and has the real wow factor, perfect for families looking for their forever home.
The accommodation, which is positioned over 2 floors, includes the following:
Ground Floor – Reception hall, cloakroom and wc, drawing room, music room, dining room, large dual aspect orangery, open plan living/dining/kitchen, utility room/rear entrance hall.
First Floor – Main bedroom with en suite bathroom, guest bedroom with en suite shower room, three further bedrooms, house bathroom, airing cupboard and store.
Outbuildings - The large garage block was constructed during the current owner’s occupation. It offers a double garage space with two garage doors, attached gardener's kitchen/potting room perfect for use when hosting an alfresco event and a further store. The whole building was constructed with a view to convert to additional accommodation if needed (subject to planning requirements).
The large garage block was constructed during the current owner’s occupation. It offers a double garage space with two garage doors, attached gardener's kitchen/potting room perfect for use when hosting an alfresco event and a further store. The whole building was constructed with a view to convert to additional accommodation if needed (subject to planning requirements).
Gardens and Grounds
Crown Lodge is approached via a gated gravel driveway which offers off-street parking for several vehicles. To the left of the driveway is an attractive patio area with raised ornamental pond, purpose built seating and an original well.
The patio wraps round to the side of the huge orangery. To the side of the garage is an area which was previously a kitchen garden with an original, brick-built potting shed. The formal walled garden is a tranquil space and has stunning views to the west looking back to the rear elevation of the house.
Beyond the formal garden is an orchard with a wide variety of fruit trees, a wildflower meadow and substantial area of maturing woodland idyllic for children to safely roam and den build. Equally, the meadow area could easily provide grazing for a pony or a small number of livestock. There is access to the rear area to the side of the garage accessed off the driveway.
Mains water, drainage, gas and electricity are connected to the property.
Rights of Way, Wayleaves and Easements
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements and rights of way, public and private, whether specifically mentioned or not. We are not aware of any rights of way through the property.
Local Authority North Yorkshire Council
Strictly by Appointment with the Agent GSC Grays 01423 590500
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.