- A superb Grade II listed detached home, perfect for families set in the heart of the popular village of Conistone just outside Grassington.
- Fantastic location in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales
- Five bedroom Grade II listed property
- Period features throughout
- Plot just under 1 acre including grass croft
- Detached annexe
- Amazing views over stunning countryside
- A short distance from local amentites
- Perfect for families and multi generational living
A superb Grade II listed detached home, perfect for families set in the heart of the popular village of Conistone just outside Grassington. Updated and refurbished throughout, the property which dates to 1657 has the benefit of a recently converted annexe perfect for multi-generational living.
Situation and Amenities
Old Hall is situated in the centre of the picturesque village of Conistone positioned in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and surrounded by beautiful countryside and amazing views. Grassington is a 5-minute drive away and this has a range of amenities including petrol station, mini- supermarket, butchers, cafes’ pubs, independent retailers and eateries. There is a secondary school at Threshfield (Upper Wharfedale) which has an outstanding Ofsted rating and the public school at Giggleswick is within and easy drive. Wharfedale Rugby Club is a hub of activity in Threshfield and they have a large junior section perfect for families.
Old Hall is a characterful grade II listed family property with amazing views, that has been hugely improved by the current owner. With a date stone stating 1657 and originally updated in the 1980’s the property offers fantastic accommodation that prospective purchasers cannot help but be impressed by. The combination of original features such as the beamed ceilings and internal mullion framed windows with modern additions such as the recently installed back kitchen and the converted annexe are an absolute delight. The external space is fantastic for families wanting a large space for children or alternatively house a pony or other small animals.
Positioned on an elevated site with amazing views, the property which is accessed through a stone-built boundary wall comprises:
Rear reception hall, Cloakroom/w.c, inner hall with stone flagged flooring, three reception rooms all with wood burning stoves and beamed ceilings, impressive dining kitchen with range of modern units with granite and timber work tops and huge centre island, Aga and stone flagged flooring. Refurbished back kitchen which encompasses a range of integrated appliances which allows the kitchen to be used for entertaining. To the front of the property is a front entrance hall with feature stone carving which features throughout the property.
Oak staircase leading to the full-length landing with built in wardrobes, principal bedroom with ensuite shower room, four further bedrooms and two bathrooms, children’s den leading to study/store.
A recent addition having been converted from the garage to create a 2 storey annexe perfect for teenagers or relatives. With ground floor living/dining/kitchen and first floor bedroom with shower room.
Gardens and Grounds
The property is approached via a driveway through a stone boundary wall. There is parking for numerous vehicles. To the side of the driveway is a stone flagged patio area. This leads around the side of the property and to the tiered garden. The garden is mainly laid to lawn and has rockery style borders. Beyond the garden area is a walled croft which is perfect for families wanting to keep small animals/chickens/pony. The gardens have the most amazing views over the rolling countryside.
Mains water, drainage and gas central heating
Local Authority and Tax Band
North Yorkshire Council. Band G.
Strictly by appointment with GSC Grays: 01423 590500
Particulars and photographs
These particulars were written and photographs taken in September 2023
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.