- Grove House is a stunning six bedroom 19th century family home with converted dovecote, nestled in the heart of Hamsterley Forest.
- Stunning Six Bedroom 19th Century Family Home
- Converted Dovecote
- Three Reception Rooms
- Five En-Suite Shower Rooms
- Set in Approx 2 Acre Plot
- Three Outbuildings
- Gated Driveway
Grove House is a stunning six bedroom 19th century family home with converted dovecote, nestled in the heart of Hamsterley Forest occupying an approximately 2 acre plot.
Wolsingham and Barnard Castle are nearby market towns offering a range of local shops and services, including a bank, post office, health centre, chemist, greengrocer, supermarket, butchers, schools, pubs and restaurants. Bishop Auckland also
offers a much more extensive range of supermarkets whilst Durham (18 miles), Darlington (20 miles), and Newcastle (31 miles) provide additional restaurants, shopping, health and cultural opportunities. All three lie on the central east coast rail line with regular connections north and south with London. (please note all distances are approximate).
Forming the principal part of a former hunting lodge built by the Surtees family in approximately 1826. Grove House offers three formal reception rooms including dining room, generous living room, sitting room, bespoke breakfast/kitchen, utility
room and cloakroom/wc. The Ground floor accommodation has an abundance of period and character features including original coving, deep skirting boards and feature fireplaces.
First Floor Landing
To the first floor there are six bedrooms, five en-suite shower rooms/bathrooms. There is a further staircase to second floor with a separate shower room and two useful storage rooms.
To the exterior of the property there is approximately 2 acres of gardens with formal lawn area, numerous patio areas, mature planted borders, trees and shrubs. There are three useful outbuildings and a biomass boiler. The property is accessed via either a sweeping driveway or by shared gravelled drive to the rear.
Detached Dovecote with bedroom and bathroom.
Biomass Boiler System for hot water and central heating, private water supply, mains electricity and bio-digester tank.
Tenure, Local Authority & Council Tax
The property is offered freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
Durham County Council Tel: 03000 26 00 00.
For Council Tax purposes the property is currently rated Council Tax Band E. The property was previously run as a Bed and Breakfast and as such was subject to a reduction, for further information please speak to GSC Grays.
Wayleaves, Easements & Rights of Way
Grove House is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights including rights of way whether public or private, light, drainage, water and electricity supplies and all other rights, obligations, easements, quasi easements and all wayleaves or covenants whether disclosed or not.
Areas, Measurements & Other Information
All areas, measurements and other information have been taken from various records and are believed to be correct but any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements of fact and should satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
Strictly by appointment via GSC Grays.
GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.